Anyone who has ever desired to create a personal or company website will benefit greatly from this training. Step-by-step guides you through the process of setting up your first WordPress website. It provides an in-depth look at the WordPress interface and is aimed toward small company owners, self-employed professionals, and anybody else who wants to swiftly develop appealing high-quality websites.
You will need to purchase a domain name and web hosting in order to construct a self-hosted WordPress website under your own domain name, but we will show you exactly how to set that up!
Step:1 Choosing the Right Platform for Your Website
Choosing a platform for your website is the first step in building a website. It’s not clear to me what “platform” means? There was a time in 2005 when most websites were built using HTML (code), CSS, and PHP. It takes a long time to check eduzaurus review and to study and master each of these. As a result, a common misconception is that building a website from the ground up requires extensive knowledge of coding and design. WordPress and other content management systems (CMS) have made website creation available to anyone in 2022!
Step:2 Choose a Domain Name and Host
There are basically two things you’ll need in order to launch a new website:
- a web address or URL (a web address like yoursitename.com)
- Providing Space for a Website (a service that connects your site to the internet)
Step:3 Create a Website and Add Content
- Create a WordPress website
One-click installation of WordPress is the best way to get a website up and running.
The “one-click installation” will be found either in the account creation process or in your account management panel if you choose to join up with any reputable hosting company.
Visit your hosting site for more information:
- Make a decision on a hosting plan (the cheapest plan is fine)
- Type in your domain name if you already have one.
- Fill out your information and select the term of your hosting (you can eliminate the “Extras”).
- Create an account by paying for your purchase and completing the checkout process.
To install WordPress, go into the hosting site and select “one-click WordPress install.”
- Pick a Theme (Free or Premium)
WordPress themes are reusable design templates that streamline the process of customizing the look and feel of your site.
Go to Appearance > Themes, and then click the large + sign that says Add New Theme to add a new theme.
- Add Content Pages
Site content is a prerequisite before you can begin customizing your website.
Some of the most common pages on any website include:
- Make Your Site Well-organized
Consider your website to be a library. The more material you add to your website, the more significant your website structure becomes.
The navigation menu is an important aspect of this. When you’ve finished creating some pages, it’s time to make them visible to your site’s users. This can be done by going to Appearance > Menus.
- Configure SSL
Perform the following steps to ensure that SSL is enabled on your new Bluehost website:
- Log in to your account
- To get started, go to My Sites
- Select Manage Site from the drop-down menu
- Look for the Security tab
- Verify your Free SSL Certificate or SSL Certificate in the box labeled Security Certificate: Status of Let’s Encrypt. The toggle should be set to the On position.
- Re-visit your site to make sure SSL is enabled. In your web browser’s address bar, a lock icon should display next to the domain name.
- Publish Your Website
The time has come for your website to go live. Your settings and posts and pages should be checked once more. In the dashboard, click the link that says “Coming Soon Active” at the top of the page.
After that, go to the bottom of the page and click the “Launch your site” button.
Congratulations! You’ve just launched your own website.
Even with a comprehensive tutorial, learning how to build a website is no easy task.
It may also be quite rewarding when you learn a new talent and begin to see the fruits of your labor.
There is more to be done, however. Make the most of your newfound knowledge by expanding your horizons and learning new skills. In this manner, you’ll not only learn how to create a website but also how to create the exact size you desire.
Lucas Noah, armed with a Bachelor’s degree in Information & Technology, stands as a prominent figure in the realm of tech journalism. Currently holding the position of Senior Admin, Lucas contributes his expertise to two esteemed companies: OceanaExpress LLC and CreativeOutrank LLC. His... Read more