Samsung S Series is very popular and in high demand in the market. Their latest models are very expensive so people must be use coupons and discount codes while purchasing a mobile phone. You can also buy via online couponing websites like EMUCoupon.com & RetailMeNot. Any problem with the fingerprint scanner on your galaxy S10? If your S10 fingerprint scanner fails to work properly, the most likely reason is that Samsung has added a thin layer of plastic. Removing this thin layer of plastic may help solve the problem. So today in this article we will be discussing How to fix Galaxy S10 Fingerprint Scanner not working issue. Fingerprint Scanner not detecting finger.
Fingerprint scanners make it easy to unlock your phone. Since there is no need to memorize passwords, the scanner can read fingerprints in one second, and you can spend more time using the device to complete the required tasks.
if you think the fingerprint scanning function is not working as expected, follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below.
Fix Galaxy S10 Fingerprint Scanner not working Issue #1: Press your finger a little harder on the fingerprint
Even though the fingerprint scanner on the Galaxy S10 is more sensitive than the fingerprint scanner on the previous Galaxy S devices but It may not detect your finger clearly once every hundred times. Different from the traditional biometric fingerprint sensor, this sensor uses ultrasonic technology to send sound waves off the skin. Therefore, in most cases, when your fingerprint scanner can’t recognize your fingerprint, it’s not a bad idea to press it a little hard, which will solve the problem.
If the problem may continue, even if you press a little harder on the screen, here are some possible solutions that you can try to solve the problem
Unlike previous versions of fingerprint scanners on Samsung Galaxy devices, the fingerprint scanner on S10 is very special. It works by transmitting sound waves off the skin. That means the sensor does not need a finger image when working. Therefore, this should be effective even if the screen or fingers are wet.
Fix Galaxy S10 Fingerprint Scanner not working Issue #2: Try without the screen protector
Screen protectors play a vital role in protecting the phone screen from any potential damage. The gorilla glass used by Samsung has enough protection functions to protect the screen well, but if you add a third-party screen saver, this may be the reason why your phone is difficult to identify fingerprints. If pressing a little harder doesn’t work, and you’re using a screen protector, the next good way is to remove it. As far as possible, keep the screen in its original state by not adding any screen saver to the screen.
Samsung decided to coat the screen with a layer of cheap plastic before the first S10 leaves the factory. If you remove this plastic, the responsiveness of the screen and the sensitivity of the fingerprint scanner will be greatly improved.
Fix Galaxy S10 Fingerprint Scanner not working Issue #3: Install updates
Samsung devices periodically receive software updates. Improvement of performance and stability, solve potential problems by fixing bugs and errors and Operating system upgrades and new function experiences are the benefits of software upgrades.
Similar to the fingerprint scanner on your S10. Make sure to install the update when it appears on Android. For S10 provided by the operator, there should be an automatic notification to tell you whether there are any pending updates, so all you have to do is continue to install the updates.
Fix Galaxy S10 Fingerprint Scanner not working Issue #4: Remove your fingerprint and add it again
If your finger is still not recognized by the scanner after trying the above solution. The next good thing to do is delete your fingerprints and add them once again. During the registration process, please pay attention to adding fingerprints from different angles, because this will enable your phone to recognize your fingerprints from different angles when you touch your fingerprint scanner.
If you prefer to use one hand when unlocking your phone, make sure to imitate this action when registering. Do not use the mobile phone with one hand and use another to give a fingerprint, but use the mobile phone in the way usually used in daily operation.
Fix Galaxy S10 Fingerprint Scanner not working Issue#5: Turn on screen sensitivity in your mobile.
If you think the fingerprint scanner can’t read your fingers, or if the screen is not as sensitive as you think, it may be because of the screen protector. If not, don’t worry, because you can easily improve the screen sensitivity through the following steps:
- Go to Settings in the app tray or tap the gear-shaped settings button in the pull-down bar.
- Select Display from the options list.
- Select Touch Sensitivity option.
- Switch it to ON to increase touch sensitivity for use with screen protectors.
Fix Galaxy S10 Fingerprint Scanner not working Issue#6: Factory reset.
If your galaxy S10 still cannot recognize your fingerprint, the last option you can try is to factory reset your device. This option is important if you suspect that there are any software problems with the device. Factory reset will delete all personal data, so make sure to back up your files before doing this and remove your google accounts. Here is how to reset the galaxy S10 at the factory:
METHOD 1: Factory reset Samsung Galaxy S10 via the Settings app
- Go to Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap General management.
- Tap Reset.
- select factory data reset from the list of options.
- Read the information then tap Reset to continue.
- Click Delete All to confirm the action.
METHOD 2: Factory reset Samsung Galaxy S10 using hardware buttons
- If there is a possibility, create a backup of your personal data in advance. If your problem prevents you from doing so, just skip this step.
- In addition, you need to make sure to delete your Google account. If your problem prevents you from doing so, just skip this step.
- Turn off the device. This is important. If you can’t turn it off, you will never be able to start into recovery mode. If you can’t use the hardware buttons to do this, just wait until the phone’s battery is completely discharged, and the phone will turn off automatically. However, in this case, please charge the device again for 30 minutes when the device is in the power off state, and then proceed to the next step.
- Reboot into recovery mode. For this, press and hold the Volume up button, Bixby and Power buttons together until for about 20 seconds.
- The recovery screen menu appears. When you see this, release the buttons.
- Use the volume down button until “Wipe data / factory reset” is highlighted
- Press the power button to select “wipe data / factory reset”
- On the next pop up use volume down button to highlight yes.
- Press the power button to do factory reset.
Fix Galaxy S10 Fingerprint Scanner not working Issue#7: Get help from the Samsung community to fix Galaxy S10 Fingerprint Scanner not working Issue
At present, there is little evidence that there is a fingerprint scanner problem (hardware) in the new galaxy S10s. But if your fingerprint scanner still does not work properly after implementing all the above suggestions, you can think that the reason may exceed your repairability. Make sure to make an appointment for maintenance immediately and let Samsung handle this. No mobile phone is 100% functional. So your mobile phone case may be one of the few cases where the screen may have problems after leaving the factory. Let Samsung know the trouble-fixing steps you have tried so far.
Have questions about Samsung Galaxy S10 Fingerprint Scanner not working Issue? Let us know!