When it comes to DIY projects or fixing broken items, a strong and effective adhesive is vital for satisfactory results. Bondic Glue is one of the strongest adhesives available in the market today. It is versatile and works differently from regular glue. It is a liquid adhesive that will not dry or harden until you use the provided UV light on it. This brings up the question most people have been asking.
How long does Bondic glue last? Bondic Glue can last up to one year if not opened. To achieve this, always make sure your Bondic Glue tube is tightly closed and is stored in its metal box. While most glues dry up when exposed to air, Bondic Glue will harden or dry if only exposed to UV light.
In this article, you will discover all you need to know about Bondic Glue, its features, pros, and cons, how to use it, and get answers to your frequently asked questions. Stay with us.
Bondic Glue is a super-strong adhesive similar to dental cement. It is a liquid plastic that dries and hardens only when you shine ultraviolet light on it. Bondic Glue is sometimes referred to as a liquid plastic welder since it creates a sturdy and robust bond that can last for years.
Bondic glue is versatile and works on various surfaces such as plastic, fiberglass, metal, glass, wood, etc. It comes in a pen-shaped tube with a built-in UV light to cure and harden the liquid plastic. Bondic Glue works in places where regular glue cannot work. You can use it to seal, insulate, create, restore and fix broken objects.
As aforementioned, Bondic Glue can last up to a year if properly stored. Usually, it comes in a black pen-like tube stored inside a metallic case. It is essential to retain this packaging so that your Bondic glue lasts longer.
Bondic Glue won’t cure or harden when applied to a surface unless exposed to ultraviolet light. If exposed, it takes about 3 to 5 seconds to set. Bondic Glue creates a solid and hardy bond that can hold objects together for years. Its heat resistance and waterproof properties make it more durable and long-lasting than ordinary glue.
- Easy to use – Using Bondic Glue is simple; it does not involve any technical skills. To get good results, always follow the manufacturer’s instructions on the packaging.
- Heat resistant and Waterproof – Bondic glue is resistant to heat and water. It makes it suitable for use in extreme environments such as underwater and open places. You do not have to worry about its efficiency; once it’s scorched, it’s heat and water-resistant.
- Durable – Bondic Glue is extremely strong. Once you fix something, you do not have to worry about breakage. Bondic bonds last long, even in extreme conditions.
- It does not dry out – Bondic Glue does not dry out unless exposed to ultraviolet light. This makes it easy to clean in case it accidentally spills.
- Non-toxic – Bondic does not contain chemicals or harmful substances. It is non-hazardous. It is safe to use. However, please do not put it in your mouth or eyes.
- Versatile – You can use Bondic Glue to fix almost every surface. Its adhesive nature allows bonding on glass, aluminum, plastics, fiberglass, wood, etc.
Bondic Glue is relatively easy to use. It does not require any technical expertise. This formulation depends on ultraviolet light to cure and harden. Here is how to use Bondic Glue in two steps:
- Step 1: Apply Bondic adhesive on the surface of the object you want to fix.
- Step 2: Hold the objects together and shine the UV light on the adhesive to harden.
N/B Bondic Glue does not dry without UV light. This gives you enough time to readjust the objects that need to be glued together to the correct position.
Here is a summary of the pros and cons of Bondic Glue:
- Non-toxic Not ideal for all materials
- Affordable Requires ultraviolet light
- Beautiful finish
- Easy application
- Heat resistant
Below are some of the most frequently asked questions concerning Bondic Glue:
No. Bondic glue requires UV light. It is vital for its hardening process. When using Bondic glue in areas where UV light can’t reach, you might notice that it doesn’t fully cure. It is recommended that one of the parts you are attaching be clear to let the UV light reach the glue for hardening.
Yes. Different people have different opinions about Bondic Glue based on their past experiences; however, after all is said, the fact remains that Bondic Glue works better than traditional glue and creates a solid bond that lasts for years.
Bondic UV light is battery-powered. Since you only use it for about 3 to 5 seconds, Bondic Glue ultraviolet light lasts about eight hours. That’s quite an extended period.
If you are the type of person who loves to fix items by yourself regularly, Bondic glue is a perfect solution for all your needs. This adhesive is easy to use and creates super strong bonds that last for an extended period. Since Bondic Glue only dries when exposed to ultraviolet light, it doesn’t get messy and is easy to clean.
While Bondic Glue is versatile and works on various materials, it is essential to note that there are exceptions where it may not be effective. You cannot use Bondic Glue as a complete substitute for traditional glue. We hope you found it informative if you have read through this article. We hope you can make a wise decision on which adhesive to use that suits your needs.