It is not easy to do web development for e-commerce. This is a whole science and art at the same time. This requires a lot of knowledge and practice. So keep reading this article to learn more about it.
Developing a website that is practical for selling requires following a whole methodology. At the same time, talent and creativity are excellent ingredients that should not be missing from a sales-oriented web page. To do this, you need to use ecommerce development services.
Thus, it can be said that e-commerce web development is the process of creating an online website for selling goods or services electronically.
In this article, you will learn all the basics of web development for e-commerce, as well as a series of best practices to help you succeed in this task.
How to design your list with products?
As you know, for e-commerce products, it is best to create a catalog. This rule applies in many cases, especially if there is a wide variety of products. With this organization of goods, you can make the site easier to use and user-friendly.
Meanwhile, to promote an online service, it is best to develop sales pages for each service.
Personalization is necessary for every service since in this way we will focus the customer’s attention on selling the same.
The same does not happen in product trading as it is useful to create a page where people can see the specifications of said product.
In offline sales, products are displayed on a fancy shelf and strategically placed for sale. Whereas when you go to a service company, the customer is usually received in an office that has been properly equipped to encourage them to buy.
Of course, some services can be “produced”, such as travel packages. It is useful for them to create an elegant catalog and at the same time a corresponding well-structured sales page.
Web development for B2B and B2C e-commerce
B2B (business to business) trading refers to the trading of goods between companies. While B2C trading refers to the sale of goods from companies to consumers.
It’s important to distinguish between the two because, in e-commerce web development, each of these types of commerce is developed differently:
- First of all, for B2C companies, brand awareness is a top priority. Especially when it comes to retail. Meanwhile, in the case of B2-B companies, priority is given to lead generation.
- B2-B and B2C purchases are indeed driven by necessity. But usually, the need for B2B shopping is a business priority for a whole group of people. Whereas B2C tends to address personal needs and only one person makes the decisions.
- B2B buyers spend much more time making a purchase decision because there are multiple people involved in the process. While B2C buyers are more likely to buy on impulse, this is a less explored decision.
- In the case of B2C procurement, the search for different price alternatives is less common. Whereas in B2B sales they are good at analyzing prices before making a decision.
- Knowing these differences is important in eCommerce web development because selling to a company is different from selling to a consumer, and these differences should also be reflected in web development.
Essential tools in good web development
There are an endless number of e-commerce tools, but for now, we will talk about the main ones.
First, let’s start by talking about service sales pages and product catalogs. Well, both are important depending on how the goods or services are marketed.
A tool that should not be missing when selling services is sales funnels. That while they are a resource outside of web development, they should be present in development.
Tools that make shopping easier, such as online shopping carts, should be in place. Not only because of their usefulness but also because they are traditional enough that users will notice their absence.
Lead magnets are tools that make it easier to attract potential customers, which is very useful for trading between companies and consumers. It is also helpful for customer loyalty.
And of course, you need tools that facilitate online payments for e-commerce. Trade will be practically zero unless you include really practical payment systems for buyers.
Finally, we should mention mobile browsing as most Internet users visit web pages from their smartphones and tablets. Therefore, all sites should be displayed correctly on all smartphones.
Thanks to all these secrets and tips, you will be able to build a good e-commerce site that will help you sell as much as possible. Do not forget about the correct choice of development environment, it can be different platforms, for example, node js. When working with such platforms, it is better to cooperate with specialists, for example, node js developers.