Are you having trouble with your air conditioning? Are you not sure what to do about it? In this blog post, we will give you seven tips to ensure that your AC is working properly and efficiently.
To start, it’s important to understand how air conditioning systems work. We’ll discuss the general process, whether you’re using a split type air conditioner, ducted air conditioner or anything else.
So, how does an air conditioning unit work?
Air conditioners work by drawing in warm air from your home and then passing it over a set of coils. These coils are filled with a refrigerant, which helps to cool the air as it passes over them. The cooled air is then sent back into your home through a set of vents.
Now that you understand how an air conditioner works, let’s take a look at seven tips to ensure that yours is working right.
- Check the filters – The first thing you should do on a monthly basis is check the filters. Clogged or dirty filters can restrict airflow and cause your AC unit to work harder than it needs to. Replace or clean the filters as necessary.
- Inspect the coils – The coils in your AC unit can also become clogged with dirt and debris. This can reduce the unit’s efficiency and cause it to overwork itself. Inspect the coils on a monthly basis and clean them as needed.
- Keep the area around the unit clear – It’s important to keep the area around your AC unit clear of any obstructions. This includes making sure that there is nothing blocking the vents or coils. Keeping the area around your AC unit clear will help it to work more efficiently.
- Check for leaks – Another potential problem that can occur is leaking refrigerant. This can cause your AC unit to lose its coolant, which will make it less effective at cooling your home. If you suspect that there is a leak, contact a professional immediately.
- Adjust your thermostat – In order to save energy, it’s a good idea to adjust your thermostat when you’re not home. You can do this by setting the temperature a few degrees higher than usual. This will help to keep your AC unit from working overtime when nobody is home.
- Use a humidifier – In some cases, using a humidifier can actually help your AC unit to work more efficiently. This is because the humidity in the air can help to cool it down, which takes some of the strain off of your AC unit.
- Get regular maintenance – To keep your AC unit running smoothly, it’s important to get regular maintenance. This includes having the unit inspected and serviced on a yearly basis. By doing so, you’ll be able to identify potential issues and prevent them from getting bigger, which can be a burden on your wallet.
By following these tips, you can help to ensure that your AC unit is working properly and efficiently. If you have any further questions or concerns, be sure to contact a professional for help.